Monday 17 January 2011

Stumbled upon..

I've been getting tad distracted lately. All I can blame is StumbleUpon. If you fancy checking it out or already have an account, you can follow me on there to check out some of the links I've been liking recently. It's a great way to procrastinate but not the best way to start a new semester! Silly me.


Here's just a handful of some of the things I came across on it.


I absolutely love this last one. It's to the point and beautifully blunt. 

Other than stumbling, I've not been doing much this week except from being extremely domesticated and making soup and knitting. How quaint! So far this week I've made some beautiful home made mushroom and philadelphia soup, some yummy chicken enchiladas for the flatmates and some curried parsnip soup. I'm pretty proud. I also came across this local fruit and veg shop that sells 'Soup Bags'. Basically in a soup bag theres a recipe, which rotates weekly and all the ingredients needed for the soup in the recipe. This isn't just the veg, this is the veg, the spices and the stock for 4 servings of soup. Not only is it a great idea, it's a bloody bargin! It's only £1.95. I've been raving about it all day to folk in my class but I'm so happy I found it. My aim for eating healthy at uni this year was to make soup for lunch. So from now on, at least once a week I'm hoping to pop down and get a soup bag. 

Slowly but surely it's getting better..
Nom, chicken enchiladas! They were a hit with everyone too.

Finally I'm going to leave you with the most random toilet graffiti I've ever witnessed... and if you're curious, it was in a Tesco toilet, nothing in anyway related to Scottish Power!


Over and out.
x




5 comments:

  1. God, there's no way I can afford to get addicted to another website, haha. I've been avoiding doing homework all day! It's terrible!

    Yay for being all domestic and such, haha. :) Your knitting skills look superb! And those enchiladas look rather delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. Have fun in paris by the way, just noticed below. I'm jealous. x hivennn. p.s enter my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collection of images, enchiladas are seriously yummy! I wish I could knit, my grandmother taught me when I was little but I've forgotten :S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, god I know, getting addicted to these sites is always such a awful idea. Today I've been faced with finishing my java assignment and a report and I've stumbled my day away! Bad times.

    Hey Kayla, thanks for the compliment, I'm only just getting into the whole blogging thing so it means a lot.

    Jazzy E, I totally entered your giveaway, its got a load of great stuff included in it. I'm assuming as it's Thursday I've not won, gutteeeed.

    Rachelous, my gran taught me when I was really young but i also forgot but I think it's helping me get the hang of it again. My other granny was living with us for the first few weeks of me having the needles so she sat with me watching me and telling me where I was going wrong, it was ace.

    x

    ReplyDelete