Thursday 13 January 2011

A new year, a new you?

I personally don't feel new years resolutions are what people need, they just need willpower. I feel like I shouldn't be saying this as I have no willpower but to be honest, I've never seen the big deal with resolutions, yeah you want a new you and to feel better about yourself, but the date shouldn't have anything to do with it! I have been aiming on doing better with eating and being stricter with general health and fitness but it's not a resolution, it's just an aim.


I have a few aims generally but they are just small.


- Get a tutor for computing.
- Re-find my creativity!
- With said creativity, learn how to knit and get better at baking.
- Start a new hobby. I think I might look into Roller Derby. My friend Clare is well into it and it sounds like a right laugh and it's meant to be great exercise.
- See more of my family.
- Go to Paris as planned for my 21st next month.
- Stop being so silly with money! (She says after saying she's going to Paris!!)


Okay, so some aren't necessarily gonna happen but I can at least try. Have you gone for the Resolution approach or are you just choosing to be a bit better than you were before? Everyone seems to have a different view on it. All I know is I'm happy that I have at least attempted one of my aims!


My aim is to get Tom's mum to teach me how to 
make one of the beautiful headbands she makes. 
(See my newest one I received in the next
picture down!)


I've not had the best week, or at least not the best luck. In my week of bad luck I've managed to


- Break a brand new charm my best friend had given me 2 days before!
- Burst my necklace for the 2nd or 3rd time in the last year!
- Got a chip on my windscreen and can't get it fixed as there's a huge chance the pressure of the repair will smash it and I can't afford a completely new windscreen at the moment.
- Whacked my face off my car boot.
- Got stuck going in a exit at Tesco and panicked so much while being boxed in by a bus and 2 cars. It was horrible and it all happened because I was rushing to pick up my brother!


NIGHTMARE.


Anyway, rant over. Good news is I've finally got back to Dundee to get back to uni again and I got my results back today, got 2 B1s and a C1. The C1 is bothering me as we didn't really have many hand ins for that module but I don't care as it's the least important one. Also, I came back to the flat to find my satchel! I've been waiting for it to come back in stock for ages and I managed to buy it on Monday and it was sat infront of my room door when I arrived in the flat today. Winner!


Not only is it beautiful but it smells SO good. 

I start back at uni on Monday to endure a 22 hour timetable with 5 days a week in at 9am! It's horrible, most of my other mates have like 6-9 hours in uni. But to tell the truth I'd rather my timetable than no classes and loads of reading and essays. I hate that stuff. Creative courses are the way forward. So anyway, I'm hoping to get a night out squeezed into the weekend with the flatmates before we all get to our new grueling timetable. Thank god we're all in the same class! 

Over and out.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment