Saturday 29 January 2011

Banter, baking and birthdays.

Today has been my first day in the last week or 2 that I've actually not had any plans or essential work to be done, it's been pretty cool. Well, cool in a way that I can sleep and kick about without having to do my hair or anything and watch stuff online. Not so cool when I start attempting to fix things on my blog and fail miserably. 


I added a typekit and tried to embed it in but it's not working at all. No idea why, it should be working, but it isn't. You guys used TypeKit before? If so, fancy giving me a suggestion with what I've done wrong? I really should get back to what we had to do last year at uni and relearn how to make a website! I managed it before, it's just all left my head somehow. 


Anyway, this week has been blog-less for no good reason to be honset. I think I've been busy but looking back at my week I'm not too sure what I've been doing other than my usual boring java work and kicking about with the flatmates.


One thing I know I did this was was to have a random but yet amazing night on Thursday with my mate Clare. Our plan was just to head to Art Society for an hour or two and then finish our java to be handed in the next day. It was our first experience of the art society as we'd heard they were doing a printing night so we thought we may aswel see what it was all about. It was a right laugh. We got chatting to everyone and got a couple of free drinks there and got pretty hyper while attempting some lino printing. I'd done it before but Clare had been wanting to try it for a while. Check out what we did - 


I did a bike, but used way too much ink

Clare made a lovely wee cupcake! 

After Art Society we went back to try get some work done but Clare was on a mission to make me go out to the union. Turns out it was Neds & Nerds night so we had a run about trying to find things to wear and we were pretty damn successful! 

please mind the stupid face, 
but it's too funny to not post. 

All in all, it was a damn good night. 

It's been good being back at the flat. I love my flatmates and can't wait to move into our house next year. It's going to be ace. 

Mattress fun in the hallway at 3am. Great fun. 
Cass took photos while we all looked like idiots! 

Cass and I mucking about last night.

We also had a bit of a mental bake sesh last weekend.
It resulted in a carrot cake, 
an attempt at red velvet cupcakes,
and banana and chocolate cupcakes. 
NOM! 

My aim for the next week is to actually start listening to a french speaking cd to get a bit refreshed for heading off. I hope I actually get round to it. I seem to be getting really really good at avoiding doing stuff at the moment. It's terrible. 

It's my 21st birthday next month and I've been so distracted and not managed to arrange anything to do with all my mates in Edinburgh, it's a bit of a shame. Hoping it'll all come together and we'll all just head to a pub and catch up. I'd be happy with anything as long as my mates are around me. Anyone from Edinburgh know where I could head? I was thinking Lebowski's, a brilliant white russian bar which is pretty spacious so it could accomodate for a random amount of people turning up. Other than that, no other thoughts.. I used to be so good at arranging things! 

Over and out.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment