Wednesday 19 January 2011

Help..

Okay, this post is a bit of a call for help. Well, not help, just pointers and advice. 


So has anyone ever been to Paris before? 
If so, where did you go? 
What did you see? 
Go to disney? 
Any little shops you came across you'd recommend? 
Or, any restaurants? 
How much money did you need?


So as you know, we're heading to Paris in.. 36 days. I'm on the lookout for things to do and places to visit. Also advice on how much money to take, we're going for 4 nights arriving at like 9pm first night and leaving like 9pm the last night. Turns out theres loads of bloggers which do exactly that, they recommend things to do. Thing is, i can't afford things that cost like 100€. One thing I know is I'm trying to find a branch of Ladurée which is a renowned Parisian Bakery which has been selling the legendary french macaroons. I've never had one but hey, I'm heading to Paris, may aswel! They look beautiful. 







I've been to Paris before but I was 14 and just went on tour buses and to Disney. So I don't remember anything that stands out in my memory except from meeting Goofy. Thats not to say that we're not going to Disneyland this time. Tom has never been to Disneyland ever or even Alton Towers! Poor boy. It's such an experience. (A childish one at that but yeah..) So we're pre booking tickets for a discovery pass to a day between Disney and Universal which will be ace. But we've got 2 other full days and an evening to spend seeing Paris. We need inspiration. 


Other than Paris chat, the last 24 hours have been rather stressful. As a student, getting a flat with your friends is vital and my flatmates and I have been hot off the mark for looking for a big house to share and we found one. It's a 9 person town house with 3 floors and a basement with a den in it! It's beautiful. We put the holding fee down today and just found out they're kind of screwing us over with the deposit. They didn't tell us we had to pay the first months rent, an admin fee AND a deposit. It's a nightmare. But hopefully it'll get sorted out tomorrow. Check it out, it's not the clearest of photos but this is it on Google Street View. Gutted the trees are in the way, but check it out, we have columns at the door!




It's also got an old school spiral staircase all the way up it!
I'm so happy! 
We move in in July. 

Over and out.
x

3 comments:

  1. I went to Paris a few years ago and loved it! there are plenty of good restaurants, so I'm sure you will have no problems in finding one! :)

    As for things to see, I would highly recommend the Louvre Museum, the and the usual tourist hotspots (Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower.. )
    If you have time, Versailles is beautiful as well!

    I also went to Disneyland while I was there and had lots of fun, so I would recommend that too! :)

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I so wish I could be of help and suggest to you some wonderful things to do in Paris, but alas, I have never been. I guess the usual places like the Louvre and Eiffel Tower, but I dunno what else!

    It sounds like your new house is awesome! I hope all the issues are worked out and everything. I'd love to have a spiral staircase. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Vikki, I've been before ans went to all the usual tourist ones but didn't properly see the Louvre. We're defo doing them all this time but we're not too fussed about the Eiffel Tower, thinking we'll just have a picnic below it if it's not too cold.
    I hadn't thought of Versailles, good call. I read about a secret garden in a blog which is hidden above a train station, so i'm hoping to go on a search for that.

    Natalie, yeah, thanks the flat worried about the deposit got fixed today which is great. I'm very chuffed. Can't wait to get in, shame we have to wait till July! We're all discussing whos getting what rooms and it's sounding like i'm getting a pretty good one, so I'm happy.

    I'll take my SLR to Paris and try my best to get some nice photos to show you what I see guys :) x

    ReplyDelete