Monday 1 November 2010

Happy November, time to sleep.

It's been a pretty busy week this week with prep for halloween, work for my computing module, avoiding said work and some other design work. I don't know where the weeks gone to be honest. But what I do know is that it ended in style! 

Halloween was such a riot. Pretty much everyone in the flat dressed up, minus Finlay coz he was hungover and had to get work done which was a shame, but everyone else was really up for it and put quite a lot of effort in. We looked like a weird wee troop. We had a mouse, a sailor, Dastan from Prince of Persia, a Twister board and a zombie. I've never dressed as anything scary for halloween before, never really put that much effort into halloween before, lazy bugger. This year was the year to buck the trend. I went as a scary ass looking Zombie. I started off just thinking I'll just shove on some fake blood and face paint and wear some grubby baggy jeans and that'd be that. I then thought I'd put a bit more effort into it. I then made the outfit so much better with some weird coloured contacts! I had a bit of a palava getting them but I finally sorted it out. I bought them on Thursday on The Body Jewellery Shop website and was expecting to receive them the next morning but thanks to a big bomb scare in an airport in England, which actually turned out to be a real bomb, my package was stuck on a plane somewhere in England until today. I managed to reorder them and get super fast delivery and got them the next day intime for Halloween. Bad thing is I ordered white ones and they send red ones! After some fretting that my outfit was ruined I embraced it and went with it. It's impressive how much better my outfit looked with them! So with them, some corpse coloured facepaint and some green and black eye shadow I made it work. Check it out. 





Pretty happy with it, this is my favourite photo. 

As Finlay wasn't going out he had the chance to capture some ace photos of the rest of us while we were getting ready to head out to the party. Everyone looked ace. 












I can safely say I feel broken and exhausted as a result of last night. It was well worth it though!

As for the other stuff I've done this week, well can't say they're very exciting. We have a project we need to design and prototype an app for either an iphone or ipad but the content has to use collections from the British Library. It's been coming along for a couple of weeks now and after last weeks horrible session in the studio with Ewan I really wanted to do what he asked me to do to prove that I could do what I was aiming for. So I prototyped the app in Flash. This involves making an animation of the app with each transition and button being used and showing what happens. Sort of like a demo for a buyer or something. It was basic graphics wise but it did what I was aiming for and impressed Ewan!! Winner. So I didn't waste my whole saturday night doing it all for nothing, I did it and managed to finish it leaving me worry free for halloween! As for the computing work, I handed it in on time and was pretty happy with it! Rod had been taking ages over the coding and coming across all kinds of problems so I was totally avoiding doing it all week and then I basically locked myself down in the labs with Cassie to get it done and managed to get it done in one night with a wee bit of help from some other computing students. Meant to have the results back for it today but turns out I didn't submit it properly so I guess it'll be tomorrow or the next day till I get it back..

I know one things for sure about this week. I didn't get nearly enough sleep. I need more. 

What did everyone go as for Halloween? Any tales? 

I'm going to leave you guys with a video to watch. It's a Pearl and the Puppets song and the video is basic but lovely. It consists of photo memories of her Pearl's and her fans all over the place. (You might also notice 2 near the end of me!) 

Pearl and the Puppets - I Say Yeah

Over and out. 
x

5 comments:

  1. The zombie costume was definitely made by those awesome contacts! I think the white ones would have looked super creepy, but the red ones still made you look sufficiently evil, hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Natalie, I was pretty happy how it looked after everything going wrong. Did you do anything exciting for halloween this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment :)
    Your costumes are amazing! i love your make up and the twister board costume is genius! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Thanks for following my blog, it is much appriciated :)

    Your halloween make up looked amazing! such a great job on it.

    T.Rose
    www.silhouette-skies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your make up - the outfits are great :)

    ReplyDelete