Tuesday 9 November 2010

Cameras ready, prepare the flash.

So as many of you guys know it's Movember this month, it's a campaign to raise awareness about cancers that affect me, all it involves is not shaving their top lip for the whole month! You can trim them, shape them and enjoy them and see how they can raise money for a great cause. To raise money, guys can make profiles on the Movember website to collect the money on, the profile could be a personal one or a group one. This cause is very close to my heart as couple of years back my dad was diagnosed with cancer, but he's all good now, so all's fine! But yeah, I'm all for Movember, if I could I'd grow one myself. A bunch of the guys on our course are taking part and they'd love your support if possible! It's great coming into class and seeing how they're getting on. Here's their Mo Group page! 


I was jealous of all the guys taking part so thought I'd grow a quick one myself! 

On another note, this weeks been pretty good. Sorry for the lacking in posting, been preoccupied by Java and heading home for a bit of a family booze up for my brother, Andy's, birthday. 

Boring uni chat will not last as long as it has been for the last few posts. It's getting ridiculous, whoever is reading this must be bored of java chat and bitching. Anyway, I'm getting a lot more used to the Java work, not saying I'm good at it but I can do it. I do have the blessing that my dad is a Java coder, so I got some lovely help with this weeks work, but then learnt it all twice 'cause I had to help Cass with some of it. So got it back today and got 78%, which is good enough. Good thing is that these weekly submissions of work add up to about 70% of my final grade for that module. Winner! 

Was back in Edinburgh over the weekend and didn't get back till this morning, it was great fun! Got to see a lot of folk I'd not seen in a while and also got to spend basically the whole weekend with Tom! Having not seen him for 2 whole weeks, I was so excited to see him. So accidentally got drunk with my dad on Friday. Was intending on just going for one drink with him! Hadn't really eaten before heading to Edinburgh, so it was inevitable. It was a nice old father daughter chat. Saturday was Andy's actual birthday but I ended up actually going back to my parents house to see him and he didn't even arrive till like 7 and then expected me to arrange his birthday drinks. But as I'm a sucker for a mission I did it. Was quite successful to our surprise, seeing as all his mates have finished their degrees and buggered off to all the corners of the globe. Was another ace night and I reckon I can say for him that he saw his 24th year in nicely. I must seem like a right alcoholic right now but I've not drank properly in ages, well before Halloween anyway. But on Sunday the family all got together for a fancy dinner along with Andy's new girlfriend, Anneka, and Tom so it was full of laughs. Andy was still in some nick from the night before so he was the brunt of all the jokes. 

About 2 weeks ago I managed to break both my necklace and my ring with in a day of each other. My necklace has broke before and it was a mission to get fixed but it's one I got for my 18th and I love it, so I had to get it fixed. So I luckily got that fixed but in Edinburgh so I couldn't have it for 2 weeks. My ring was my most prised possession ever, it was my mum's engagement ring and she never wore it as she got another one similar so she gave it to me a couple of years back. It's 30 years old, so we weren't too surprised when it broke but still, always rubbish. The diamond fell right out and I didn't even notice until the claws ripped my tights, luckily it broke while I was inside Tom's dad's car, and I found it before his dog managed to eat it. After a panic, I told my mum and she investigated about getting it fixed. After getting it looked at, we found out that 30 years of use means a lot of wear and tear, and they said that the diamond was being held in by only 2 claws. But it got fixed and I have them both back as you can see in the photo. The moral of the story is don't break beautiful things! 

Home again next weekend because my cousin, Claire, is coming back from Australia after a year, can't wait to hear her tales. Can't wait to travel more after uni, it's going to be amazing. Me and Tom are hoping to head on a big travel after I finish my degree, It's going to be ace. Getting jealous of everyone going away at the mo, but It'll happen soon enough!

Let the Mo be with you.
Over and out.
x

1 comment:

  1. Your mustache is pretty awesome, haha! :D It's definitely a great cause to take part in.

    That's definitely good news that even despite the necklace and ring breaking, they're back to being fixed and everything again! It must have been so scary to realize that the diamond missing! Thank goodness the dog didn't gobble it up, haha. :P

    ReplyDelete