Sunday 24 October 2010

Finally!

I've eventually made it back to uni after reading week being a not so successful week of reading. Thank god for my brother offering to give me a lift, was SO not up for getting a bus up with all my stuff. After getting back I've realised I made a rookie mistake though and forgot to get my folks to wash all my clothes before heading back to save an extra couple of pounds! Oh well..

So I'm finally feeling a bit better, still got a stinking cough but thats like a normality for me in winter. Guess it means this year I won't need to get a flu jab seeing as I've already had it! Thats one less thing to worry about getting sorted. But anyway, I'm feeling better but unfortunately I've not managed to get a hell of a lot of work done during the week and I'm sorta meant to be handing some sketches and ideas in tomorrow... Whoops!! Last minute sketches are always good enough! Although, thats defo not the attitude I should have.

Was feeling pretty glum yesterday and for a couple of days before that.. don't know why really guess it goes hand in hand with the flu and the prospect of going back to uni to look after myself and still be feeling rubbish.. Also, it's probably something to do with the whole not seeing Tom for say another 2 weeks now! BOO. But it was a lovely week with him anyway, and surprisingly enough he didn't get ill (although my dad did..). My mum was out shopping on saturday and bought me an amazing big mug to cheer me up. I'm weird like that, silly wee things for my flat make me happy.. It's ace though. It's from Laura Ashley and is actually in the sale and comes in 3 different colours (red and white, blue and white and green and white).

I also am confident enough I look a lot less ill so I'm willing to let you guys all see me wearing my new glasses. I'm really happy with them! Took a few days to get used to the size of them but now I've worn them for a bit I'm confident with them on :)



What do you guys think of the glasses? 

I've also decided to take a break from drinking for the time being to save money, so not drank since last friday so it's been over a week now and I'm feeling good about it. I mean it's not like I'm an alcoholic or anything, I'm just a student who socially drinks! So not drinking till Halloween so I can maybe afford to actually find something to wear for my Danger Mouse outfit! Which I've not thought anything about.. Anyone know where I'll source some plain white shorts and leggings/tights? 

To keep me amused during the week I've watched loads of movies! This isn't too good on the bank balance though after me saving booze money I ended up spending it at the Cinema.. As you guys know, I went to see The Town which is a Ben Affleck movie, so I wanted to see the other movie he did, so I downloaded Gone Baby Gone. It's a great movie, defo worth watching! Please don't be put off by the fact that it's done by Ben Affleck, turns out he's found his calling in this whole directing thing. I also went to see Despicable Me in 3D. Such a feel good movie, so it was defo a hit with an ill fee. Went to see it with my mum and my older bro and felt a bit silly seeing a kids movie in the middle of the afternoon and the youngest person out the lot of us was 20! But it was worth it, it's great. Another one I'd recommend. I also went to see The Social Network, which was surprisingly good. Also the fact that I saw it from the front row at the very corner of the screen says a lot, I'm surprised I still enjoyed it. But all of these movies were ace! Think you totally should go see them. I think I like Social Network a lot coz I'm a bit of a geek for that kinda shit. Got any good movies I could watch? I've ran out of ideas.. 

Sorry for such a long spraff guys, think I just felt like typing stuff up today. Should really use this typing motivation on my uni blog as well!

Over and out.
x

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better lately! That's certainly a good sign. The mug is so cute with the polka dots and all, I love it. :D And I definitely do really like your new glasses! Those kind of glasses make me kind of wish that I needed glasses, just so I could be stylin' like that, haha. ;)

    I've heard a lot of good reviews about The Social Network, but still have to see it! Hopefully I'll be able to soon, cause it sounds like it was really good.

    ReplyDelete