Friday 4 February 2011

24 hours and counting..

This weekend couldn't have come any sooner! This time tomorrow, Tom will be arriving to see me for the first time in 2 weeks. I can't wait.


This was written on the wall of the art school but was 
actually backwards and I instantly had to take a photo
to reverse it and send it to Tom.
(I know! BOKE!)


I'm not usually bothered by the whole long distance thing and not seeing each other for a max 2 weeks but being as exhausted as I have been this week, it's been really hard. So as a treat I've agreed it was my turn to cook dinner and I'm making a special feast. On the cards is Mussels ala Greg (my mate in my class Greg told me the recipe!) served with Linguine! Noms. I really hope it goes well.


I've never cooked fish really other than the old salmon in the oven thing. So this is a big thing for me. I've even phoned round different fishmongers to get the the mussels and need to phone at 8am to get them kept aside for me. 


Sleeping seems to be a problem for a lot of people right now. I don't know exactly why. It must be related to the lacking in daylight and everyone starting back at uni/school/work after festivities. But to be honest, you'd think after a month being back to a routine, you'd be okay. But obviously not. I think I need to take some advice from Faye Cavania who wrote a brilliant post with a bunch of tips on how to get a good nights sleep. If you're struggling you should definitely check it out. 


After my parents coming up on Tuesday I've been on a bit of a birthday present search but I've come across a few things but they aren't really things my mum and dad would buy for my 21st which is a shame! Why can't I concentrate enough on looking at jewellery? Here's some stuff I've had my eye on recently.. 





1 - Aztec Scarf, £55, Alice By Temperley 
An absolutely beautiful scarf with an obscene price tag. 
2 - Fish Eye lens for my Nikon D60
Not totally decided on one but this is one I've seen, need to look around. 
Any of you guys used a fisheye lens for a DSLR? 
3 - Zero Japan Teapot, comes in various sizes, from around £26, PekoeTea
If you've read my last post you'll know I'm back into my tea big time and this beauty can be used for loose tea aswel so it really appeals to me. 
4 - Heart Print Playsuit, out of stock, Lipsy
I'm so disappointed this is out of stock because it's absolutely lovely. It seems I caught on to the playsuit craze a little too late as I only bought my first one the other day and totally love it and how good I feel in it. I'm on the prowl for a new one but all the nice ones are all out of stock! Any suggestions where I might find some nice ones? 

This semester one of our briefs is to create an iPad sketching app, but before that we need to gather loads of research and create a video of people we know who sketch and what they like about sketching and how they sketch. Today my group filmed our first interview and we were interviewing an old school friend of mine from home, Cathy. I hadn't seen her properly for months so it was absolutely lovely. After spending an hour setting up to film 5 minutes worth of interview, we went for a hot chocolate and a catch up and ended up gossiping for about 2 hours. Got to love a good old gossip. 

Over and Out.
x

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic that you finally get to see Tom after being apart for so long!

    Hopefully you can get back into a normal sleeping schedule. It's always so frustrating just lying there awake for hours. :P

    I really like that scarf and dress. :) And if I actually liked tea, I'd totally go for that teapot, hehe! Happy almost birthday!

    ReplyDelete