Monday 27 December 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a lovely one! I certainly did! Best Christmas in a long time I'd say! 


Any Christmas tales? Hope no one had any of those festive family tiffs. 


Finger 'tache anyone?


Me and my brother have a bit of a tradition of going to the pub on Christmas eve to see in Christmas and see everyone and swap pressies with close friends, it's amazing. We've done it for the last 4 years and it seems to be a tradition for anyone between 17 and 25 to be in that one pub at the one time. So we did that and it always involves at least a drunken snowball fight in the park or just a play on the swings at like 1am, this year it didn't happen but we had a very humorous drunken walk home. My folks generally don't let us open presents till like midday so they can walk the dog and get some food prep and breakfast out the way before sitting down. As kids, it was torture but this year it was nice and relaxed. 


I was so happy with everything I got as always. I didn't expect so much. Ended up getting those lovely military boots I posted the last post AND a dab radio! I was asked what I wanted and said those too but said one or the other but needed boots more.

Another wee thing I got was the Hummingbird Bakery Recipe Book. It's unbelievable. As I'm typing this I'm baking a New York Cheesecake. Hoping it works well but as a result of the cold I had a bit of the disaster. The electric whisk literally snapped while trying to whisk the ingredients. Fingers crossed.  




This year was the first year Tom was in Edinburgh for Christmas so I actually got to see him on Christmas day. It was lovely. We weren't really doing presents, we are going sale shopping together instead. But we both got something small for each other to open. He got me a beautiful charm to add to my collection, it was such a surprise! It's a beautiful envelope with a love heart on it. I love it. Along with that he brought my some presents from his folks, his mum bought me wool and knitting needles! I was so happy. Boxing day was spent learning the very basics of knitting. Fingers crossed I get better at it. 


First 5 rows.. Bit mess

I'm becoming a bit more domesticated recently, I even made some beautiful cookies for christmas so we could give to friends in nice boxes. They were lovely cranberry, white chocolate and pecan cookies. Good old Nigella! 


Anyone near an Urban Outfitters by the way, their sale is great. Well worth a visit! 

Over and out. 
x



1 comment:

  1. It certainly sounds like you had a good Christmas! Good luck with your baking endeavors, hehe. I have absolutely no culinary ability whatsoever... But I do have the ability to eat, haha. :D And those cookies look absolutely delicious!

    And I wish I lived by an Urban Outfitters! But alas, the closest one is like an hour away. ):

    ReplyDelete