Tuesday 14 December 2010

Blogging fail.

Wow, I haven't posted in 9 days. Thats ridiculous. Although I have excuses though, university is a huge excuse. It is officially done for the year though, not going to lie, I'll miss it for the next month. I love my course. So anyway, It's officially Christmas.


In the last 9 days, I've done a lot. Made a christmas dinner for the flat with the flatmates, bought presents, did an exam, missioned home to Edinburgh and shopped some more! Christmas dinner was the first ever time I'd made a roast so it was a big deal. As we were feeding 8 people though, it had to go right. I'd never realised till last week how much effort goes into making a roast let along a christmas dinner! I have a new found respect for my parents. I also came home to my yearly job of putting the tree up at home. This never used to be my job solely but over the last few years I've taken over and now no one else is allowed to touch it! Pretty bad really. I love doing it though and it needs to be perfect!


I doubt Cass will appreciate me putting this up.. Oh well.  


So much food! (Two turkeys!)


The boys had to to watch a youtube video on how to 
do the 'mans job' that is carving. Man fail. 




Noms. 
After dinner the flatmates finally swapped over our secret santa presents. In the end, it seems everyone was pretty pleased and pleasantly plump from dinner. Cassie was my santa, which was lovely, she bought me a lovely coat hook for my room after me moaning my face off about having nowhere to put my fancy new coat. She also got me a copy of 'Wreck This Journal'! I've never properly heard of this project before except in the odd blog. It's amazing. After a busy couple of days I've not managed to start it but I'm hoping to start it tonight or tomorrow, looks like something that may well live in my bag for the next couple of weeks! I'll keep you updated with my wrecking mission.


So, also made some considerable success with my christmas shopping, although can't really post them up here. I do know my mum's not going to look here though. Today we went on an epic shopping day together. Basically the aim was to find my Christmas present from them, which was successful. I had set myself an aim to find some comfy but pretty military style boots with fluff inside them.. Or at least something similar. I'd seen some really nice brogue boots with fluff inside them too so it was quite an open search. In the end this is what we went for -


John Lewis 
Bertie - £110

I also successfully chose a set of curlers for my mum. Hope they're okay. Anyone used a curling wand before? If so are they easy? 

Oh and, this NEEDS to be bought. I've had my eye on it for the last week. It's a beautiful vintage leather satchel made by a small business in Fife called Scaramanga. Although, as a result of the snow they are a bit screwed over so they can't take any orders. They are so popular people have been ordering them over to America.






So basically, I've been shopping my sorrows away after my final hand ins and exam. I also bought some other tshirts a couple of weeks back from America and they finally arrived. I love them. Wow, I need to stop shopping. 

99 Luft Ballons! 



Hows the Christmas prep going for everyone? 

Thought I'd suggest some lovely blogs for you to take a look at Cupcake Couture, LLYMLRSHead Over Heels, a natalie moment. I've enjoyed following these guys, they all have their own individual blogging style and it's all very interesting. I need to learn from their ways. 

Over and out. 
x

7 comments:

  1. oh excellent, nice face there cass! totally should have just smiled like a normal being :]
    I would buy the bag already haha, you've been druelling over it for days now :P
    lavyou. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The giant holiday feast that you all made looks like it was scrumdiddlyumptious indeed! So much yummy food. :D But yeah, I guess you really respect how much effort has to be put into all of that once you're the one doing it, right? I can't cook at all, though, so I should probably learn sometime...

    I've totally been wanting a Wreck this Journal for Christmas! I've been keeping a journal every day for 2010 but I want to do something different for next year, and that looks like it'd be super fun to do. I absolutely love that satchel, too. If only I had a never ending supply of money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh but I can't just buy the bag, It's still not in stock. DAMN SNOW! Says it's back in stock tomorrow but it's also forecast to snow again tomorrow.

    Today is the day I'm starting to wreck my journal so to speak. It's going to be fun.

    Natalie, I totally wish I had a never ending supply of money. I need to sort myself out though and stop spending the money I do have! I'm supposed to be saving money to go away in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is fantastic! And the Christmas dinner looks so much fun!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is so great, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are back in stock tomorrow morning actually but they've gone up in price now £71. Been sold out since before I posted this. Here's a link, http://www.scaramangashop.co.uk/fashion/leather-bags/for-her/leather-satchel-bags/medium-wide-vintage-leather-satchel-with-front-pocket/prod_1506.html
    Enjoy! They seem to post worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, I like them...

    ReplyDelete