Wednesday 2 March 2011

Dream week!

Okay, sorry for the horrific delay from posting but as most of you probably know, I've been pretty busy! 


So, Paris was unbelievable. It was a relaxing, yet busy trip of just the two of us enjoying sights and each others company. But also full of beautiful surprises! We saw an unbelievable amount of things including -

The Eiffel Tower - Didn't go up though..
The Louvre
Centre Pompidou
Disneyland - Incredible
Moulin Rouge
Sacre Coeur
Montparnasse
Montmartre
Champs Elysees - Shopping at Laduree, Sephora & Swarovski


As you see it was pretty busy. We walked an unreal amount each day and ate such great food. 


But I have massive news, on Friday in Disneyland, Tom proposed! I obviously said yes! I'm SO happy it's unreal. I had no idea it was going to happen and it turns out it's been planned for quite a while. He even asked my dad! Seriously, I can't stop smiling and telling everyone. The ring is his great Grandma's engagement ring from about 80 years ago. I think I've told everyone I've came across since I got off the plane in Edinburgh, even the girl at the bank today. It was so bloody romantic. It happened on the teacups in Disneyland. We had been wondering about all day and were having a break from queuing and roller coasters so went on it's a small world and then the teacups. We sat down, it was just getting dark and he said I had to close my eyes for a surprise he had. Till the moment he put the ring in my hand, I totally thought it was a birthday present. Obviously I was wrong! It was well lovely. 



Last photo I took it happened. 

Other than that exciting news, theres nothing much else thats happened. But while I was away I took about 800 photos so here is a few from my lovely week. 

Dinner at the RoseLeaf
Pot-tails are the best.

The bag I borrowed from Clare fitted 
right in to the decor of RoseLeaf. 

Beautiful ol' Paris

Got to love a bit of Disney hat action!

Next best thing to Tom meeting goofy,
a goofy hat.

Just another Minnie Mouse..

Laduree in Champs Elysees

Forbidden Photos..
I got told off after this one


Admiring my new ring!

Tom at the Eiffel Tower

Other than Paris and a surprise engagement, I've been becoming a year older.. and oddly enough, I like being 21. I was thinking I would hate the thought of it but yeah, it's good. I've basically had a week and a bit long birthday, it's been rather epic to be honest. 

I got pretty spoilt to say the least but, hey, you only turn 21 once. I didn't properly see my parents till yesterday except for a little hour after getting off my flight on sunday night. But they came up on Tuesday to have lunch and give me my birthday presents. My camera has ran out of batteries unfortunately but in the next few days I'll post some photos of some of the lovely stuff I got from my lovely family and friends. 

But until then, I need to try get back in the swing of things back at uni, it's pretty hard when you're so excited about something and just want to tell everyone instead of working. But it's got to be done!

Photobucket

Over and out! 
x

3 comments:

  1. Paris sounds like it was incredible! I'm sure there was a ton of delicious food to eat and amazing sights to see! Definitely a place that I would love to travel to and explore one day.

    BUT, HOLY CRAP! CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ENGAGED! THAT IS SO AMAZING! And on the Disneyland teacups too?! HE IS SO AMAZING! I LOVE HIM. :D Oh my goodness, it's ridiculous how happy and excited I am for someone I've never even met haha, but really, that is just wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie!! I'm so freakin' happy. It's insane. He's such a hopeless romantic though, how cute. It was beautiful. Every girl I tell says the same thing! :) I'm a lucky lass! Paris though, is a defo must do, it was my third time there and I i loved every minute of it. I'll never forget last week. Make sure you go there at some point! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww how cute! Sounds like a lovely way of asking as well, not too corny or anything! I haven't been to Paris in aaaages, you've made me want to go, mmm yummy food! x

    ReplyDelete