Saturday 23 April 2011

Long Time, No See!


I'm going to brush past my blogging fail pretty swiftly. I've been busy. Lots of things have been 
happening.. So in the last 3/4 weeks since my last post :
- I got that job! 
- I moved back to Edinburgh and have moved into Tom's flat for the Summer. 
- I've been revising.. sort of..
- Went to a beautiful wedding. 
- Got a parking ticket. Which, might I add, I'm choosing to ignore!
- Went to Cramond Island!

   

It's been a busy few weeks hence the severe lacking in revision.. Which oddly enough isn't worrying me for some reason. Which is surprising after how worried I was about this exam about 4 weeks ago. Guess all I needed was a break, or I just need a kick up the butt. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday morning though.. 
As for my new job, well thats great. I'm now working as an Interface designer at Jelly Media Technologies. It's amazing experience generally but it's turned out that I'm doing exactly what I love doing at uni but for a company, AND getting paid to do it! I'm loving it. So at the moment I'm working 4 days a week there and getting settled in to this whole, 'working in an office' kinda thing. It's a big change from pulling pints all Summer. Which I'm totally going to miss but it's nice to have the security of working 4/5 days a week and always having a weekend off! First two weeks have passed so quickly and sent off my first project to a client the other day and they sent me back some great feedback and general praise. Was well chuffed. 
Last weekend, Tom and I went to a big family wedding. His cousin was getting married and it was absolutely beautiful. It was at a lovely venue, a house in Markinch called Balbirnie House. The photos are going to be amazing as it was such a lovely sunny day and they were taken out in the gardens. It's given us some little ideas for our wedding. Big family events like those make our engagement feel more real! So many people were like "Oh, it'll be you guys next!". 

   



But anyway, I really hope everyones enjoying their Easter weekend if they've got a holiday. I'm off work for the week till I finish uni next Friday. In fact, I'm totally hoping that the presentations we have on the 29th finish as early as possible so we can go home and play the Royal Wedding Drinking Game! Would quite the fine way to finishing a year at uni! 

   



Don't eat too much chocolate! 
Over and out. 
x

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! It certainly sounds like a great opportunity. :D The family wedding does sound pleasant as well. I've actually only been to two weddings in my whole life, both when I was very young and didn't really understand what was going on... Hope you had a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete