Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tattoos

So this week I've had nothing to do at work, so I'm mainly getting paid to troll the internet. Which, hey, I'm not going to complain about, but it's getting a bit boring.. 


It's not been good for my lack of money either, it's encouraging me to look for new things for my flat online. I've come across some beautiful vintage suitcases at a sale room that I walk passed every day for work. The same one that sold those beautiful padded chairs I posted a photo of a few posts back. Anyway, I'm buying at least one of those for 'attractive' storage in my room. I own a lot of clutter and like to hide it when I'm not using it. Makes sense to have something pretty to keep them in! So hopefully going up to pick one or two of them in the next few days. Excited!

I LOVE this little minimal teacup drawing.
Very cute.


Anyway, in this who trolling session, I've been avidly searching out tattoo ideas. I've been considering a tattoo for months now. Well more than that but I've had a solid idea for a while now. I just don't have the guts to go for it. A lot of things worry me about it but I really want one.  I've always said that if I do get one, the conditions of its placement would be that it's not visible in my wedding dress and say, at future interviews. This means it has to be central on my body. My idea was to get a teacup in relation to our engagement at Disneyland on the teacups, and generally to represent my sheer love of tea. After a lot of thought about placements, I have decided my ribs is perfect (but meant to be really sore..). It's hidden but can be shown when I want it shown. Certain dresses might show it, some might not. 


What I need now, is advice! What do you think? Do you think I should go for it?


Also, the other small problem is that my parents totally freakin' hate tattoos! They said if I ever got one, they'd disown me. Which is extremely dramatic and probably not true. But This means before I did it, I'd have to convince them it was okay. Is it worth it? I don't want them to hate me, but I know they couldn't do that anyway! 


This photo makes me look dirty..
But I still like it.



In other news, we went to T in the Park on Saturday, as I said in the last post. It was a good laugh, but we got in for free and we weren't especially fussed for a lot of the music so really it was just a nice day out. We got to see our mates we rarely manage to see and seen their band, Woodenbox, play. Which was ace. Also, I managed to convince Tom to come to see Beyonce for a song or two which meant I could call the lovely Polly and leave her a voicemail of Single Ladies. She was very chuffed with that :) 




Last night I received this lovely engagement present last night from Tom's parents. It's a charm of two jigsaw parts, one gold and one silver. Sorry the photo isn't fantastic. I can't get a great photo of it as it's small. I thought it was such a lovely thing. I've added it onto my necklace I got for my 21st so it's safe. Don't trust my charm bracelet to be honest. It's a nightmare. Anyone got any recommendations for a new charm bracelet? I need a new bracelet to hold my charms and need to get them soldered on to keep them safe. I've lost a ton of them, even when they've been soldered on! Nightmare. 


Hope everyones enjoying Summer! 
Over and out.
x

1 comment:

  1. Getting paid to go on the internet is kind of fantastic, hehe. :D I absolutely adore your teacup tattoo idea! I freakin' LOVE the meaning behind it, and the ribs is actually such a perfect place. I say if you're sure you want it permanently on your body, and can somehow convince your parents, go for it! :) The engagement charm is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete